Knowledge Formation Team
- RKF web
- V. K. Chaudhri, J. D. Lowrance, M. E. Stickel, J.
F. Thomere, and R. J. Wadlinger, "Ontology
construction toolkit," Technical Note Ontology, AI
Center, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Ave., Menlo
Park, CA 94025, 2000. (postscript
- Generic Knowledge Base Editor,
Open Knowledge Base Connectivity
- V. K. Chaudhri, A. Farquhar, R. Fikes, P. D.
Karp, and J. P. Rice, "OKBC: A Programmatic
Foundation for Knowledge Base
Interoperability," in Proceedings of the
AAAI-98, (Madison, WI), 1998. (postscript)
automated deduction system
- M. E. Stickel, R. J. Waldinger, and V. K.
Chaudhri, "A Guide to SNARK," Technical Note
Unassigned, AI Center, SRI International, 333
Ravenswood Ave., Menlo Park, CA 94025, May 2000.
concept demo (produced jointly by SAIC/SRI)
- University of Texas
- P. Clark and B. Porter. Building Concept
Representations from Reusable Components. In
AAAI'97, pages 369-376, CA:AAAI Press, 1997. Best
Paper Award. (Abstract
- The Knowledge Machine
- Biology Knowledge Base
- Explanation and text planning
- B. Porter, P. Clark, and J. Thompson.
Knowledge-based Explanation Generation
Systems. Presented at the AAAI Fall Symposium
on Question-Answering Systems, November 5-7, 1999.
- J. Lester and B. Porter, Developing and
Empirically Evaluating Robust Explanation
Generators: The KNIGHT Experiments,
Computational Linguistics Journal, 23(1), pp.
65--101, 1997. (postscript)
- J. Lester and B. Porter, Scaling Up
Explanation Generation: Large-Scale Knowledge Bases
and Empirical Studies, Proceedings of the
National Conference on Artificial Intelligence,
- Generating Natural Language Explanations
from Large-Scale Knowledge Bases, James Lester,
PhD Dissertation, University of Texas. (postscript
not currently available)
- methods for accessing a knowledge base,
- L. Acker and B. Porter, Extracting
Viewpoints from Knowledge Bases, Proceedings of
the National Conference on Artificial Intelligence,
pp. 547-552,1994. (postscript)
- University of West Florida
- RKF Web
- Yolanda Gil and Jim Blythe. "How Can a
Structured Representation of Capabilities Help in
Planning?". In AAAI 2000 workshop on
Representational Issues for Real-world Planning
Systems ( PDF)
- Jihie Kim and Yolanda Gil. "Acquiring
Problem-Solving Knowledge from End Users: Putting
Interdependency Models to the Test".
Proceedings of AAAI-2000 (to appear) (PDF)
- Jihie Kim and Yolanda Gil. "User Studies of
an Interdependency-Based Interface for Acquiring
Problem-Solving Knowledge". Proceedings of the
Intelligent User Interface Conference (IUI-2000)
- William R. Swartout and Yolanda Gil.
"EXPECT: A User-Centered Environment for the
Development and Adaptation of Knowledge-Based
Planning Aids". In Advanced Planning
Technology: Technological Achievements of the
ARPA/Rome Laboratory Planning Initiative, ed.
Austin Tate. Menlo Park, Calif.: AAAI Press, 1996.
- Northwestern University
- NL QA System
- B. Katz, "From Sentence Processing to
Information Access on the World Wide Web," AAAI
Spring Symposium on Natural Language Processing for
the World Wide Web, Stanford University, Stanford
CA (1997). (web
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Stanford Formal
work at the Formal Reasoning Group
- Stanford Knowledge
Other RKF Participants
The Medical Subject Headings comprise
NLM's controlled vocabulary used for indexing articles,
for cataloging books and other holdings, and for
searching MeSH-indexed databases, including MEDLINE. MeSH
terminology provides a consistent way to retrieve
information that may use different terminology for the
Web server software for Lisp