Research on Extending Frame Knowledge Representation Systems
Frame knowledge representation systems (FRSs) are an AI
information-management technology, and are akin to object-oriented
Dr. Karp's group has developed an FRS called Ocelot that has the following capabilities:
- Ocelot knowledge bases (KBs) may be stored persistently in either
disk files or in an Oracle database.
- Oracle storage allows multiuser access to very large KBs.
- The update history for a KB may be stored, allowing users to
determine what series of updates has been applied to any object.
- Ocelot has powerful schema-evolution capabilities.
- A schema-driven graphical editor called the GKB Editor allows
users to interactively edit Ocelot KBs.
Karp, P.D., Chaudhri, V.K., and Paley, S.M., (2000, in press)
"A Collaborative Environment for Authoring Large Knowledge Bases,"
Journal of Intelligent Information Systems.
Paley, S.M., Lowrance, J.D., and Karp, P.D. (1997)
"A Generic Knowledge-Base Browser and Editor,"
the 1997 National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Providence, RI.
Karp, P.D. and Paley, S. (1995)
"Knowledge Representation in
the Large," Proceedings of the 1995 International Joint Conference on
Artificial Intelligence, Montreal, Canada.
Karp, P.D. (1992)
"The design space of frame konwledge representation systems,"
SRI International Artificial Intelligence Center Technical