Next: The Ontolingua Back End
Up: The GFP Back Ends
Previous: The GFP Back Ends
An implementation of the GFP exists for
the LOOM knowledge representation system, which was developed at
USC/ISI [, ].
The behaviors supported by the LOOM back end are as follows:
- :constraint-checking-time = :never
- :facets = nil
- :annotations = nil
- :inheritance = :incoherence
- :class-slot-types = :template
- :default-test-fn = equal
- :collection-types = (:set)
Use KB class loom-kb to build LOOM KBs.
Limitations of the LOOM implementation:
- LOOM does not allow classes (concepts) to be modified
incrementally, therefore we cannot, for example, assert a new value
into a template slot of a LOOM class and expect that value to
be inherited by instances of the class.