This listing is far from complete. It is intended to provide
recognition to currently active research projects. The fruits of
successfully completed activities might be listed as available tools or commercial
If you would like to be listed, or
to update your listing, please mail us.
- Academy of Scienes, Bucharest, Rumania
- The Center for Research in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
- Brandeis University
- Interaction Lab
- Brigham Young University
- Brown University
- Carnegie Mellon Institute
- Advanced Computer Tutoring Project: studies how people acquire and organize knowledge and produce intelligent behavior.
- Colby College
- CPU Sim: courseware package for computer CPU simulation.
- Composers Toolbox: precomposition environment for musical exploration of MIDI and sampled sounds.
- Conservatoire National Superieur De Musique De Lyon, France
- Cornell University
- MacHermes: framework for creating and executing continuous simulations.
- Ecolee des Mines de Saint Etienne, France
- AIDE: expert systems shell.
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Material Flow and Logistics, Germany
- Extra, Wareplan: system for the selection of transportation media and storage systems.
- Assist: expert system for Layout Planning.
- Fuzzy-Bplan: scheduling component using fuzzy logic rules.
- GETA (Study Group for Machine Translation), IMAG (Informatique & Mathematiques Appliquées de Grenoble), UJF (Université Joseph Fourier), France
- SAMBRE: Software Engineering for Natural Language Processing.
- Gonzaga University (Spokane, WA)
- Leonard Hermens is working on self-customizing applications which become more useful as they adapt to the user.
- Hampshire College
- Distributed Lisp
- Harvard Graduate School of Design
- EMAPS: extendable, object-oriented environment for manipulating and displaying geographic information (GIS).
- CLOOGE: simple graphics environment, as introduction to programming in environmental design, and emulator of AutoCAD's AutoLISP.
- Hirosaki University, Japan
- So-Ketsu: system for representing Kanji-characters.
Idaho National Energy Laboratories
- Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull'Intelligenza Artifciale
- Pail: Portable Artificial Intelligence Lab, a tool for studying and expanding on AI.
- IS Robotics, Inc.
- Manufacture of autonomous mobile robots, robotic systems, and
software for control of embedded systems, including those for space explaration.
- Istituto Tecnologie Didattiche, Italy
- ESM-BASE: multimedia database of learning material.
- DIScourse: integrated courseware development system.
- H-GRAPH: self-configurable graph editor.
- Johannes Kepler University, Austria
- Johns Hopkins University, Applied Physics Laboratory
- Rule-Based Supervisory Control Experiments: Experimental platform
for investigating human interaction with rule-based supervisory
control systems; provides real-time air-defense-like scenarios,
supports user control actions, records scenario events and user
responses, provides tools for data analysis
Kawagoe Lab, Japan.
- Investigates informational and computational theory of human-behaviors and emergent properties of social behaviors using Game Thoery, Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Life, Genetic Algorithm and Genetic Programming.
- Kent State
- Symbolic and Algebraic Compuation
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- AI Lab mobile robots
- Cog project:
a prototype humanoid robot.
- CL-HTTP: A World Wide Web server written in Common Lisp.
- START: Natural Language System
- MIT Media Laboratory
Lieberman and Programming by Example
massively-parallel version of Logo, designed to help students
experiment with decentralized systems and self-organizing phenomena.
- Cima: machine-learning system for programming by example.
- ECM: extensible linear context model.
- Parquet: hierarchical decomposition model inducer.
- MIT Lab for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
- ALLP NLP
system: complete Natural Language Processing system (text recognition
to language independent structure, construction of language
independently represented response and generation to text, with error
detection, recovery, and response), intended for foreign language
- MIT Lab for Computer Science
- A Lisp dialect called
for distributed agents using a prototype-based object system.
- Montreal Neurological Intstitute
- JANUS: knowledge-engineering tool to allow non-computer-literate experts to develop hierarchic expert system rules.
- PAL (Psycholinguistic Assessment Of Language) Analysis System: hybrid expert system/application for scoring and analyzing results from psycholinguistic tests.
- National Center for Supercomputer Applications
- National Central University, Taiwan
- Ohio State University, Mershon International Studies Review
- Oregon State University
- Oxford University
- Politecnico di Milano
Aritificial Intelligence and Robotics Project
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- Knowledge Systems
- CAREL: a distributed Lisp.
- PACT: Palo Alto Collaboration Testbed- concurrent engineering project. Designworld: semi-automated design system from conceptual design to robotic assembly, diagnosis, and repair.
- Section on Medical Informatics
- Medical Computer aided learning: knowledge based simulation and decision analysis software.
- Netview: Bayesian belief network knowledge engineering and
- Tokyo Engineering University, Japan
- MEG: visualization system for Electoencepahrograph and Magnetoencepharograph.
- GTool: simulation game construction tool.
- TCL: object-oriented langauge.
- Trinity University
- Universitaet Wuerzburg, Institut fuer Informatik VI, Germany
- Universite Joseph Fourier, France
- NOOS: Neural Network Object Oriented System (biological).
- University of California, Berkeley
- Boxer: fully integrated work and materials development
environment (for students, teachers and developers) comprising:
always-available text and hypertext editing, dynamic and interactive
graphical resources, complex data management capability, and full
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Commotion Lab
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- Animated Plot: application to create a custom animation of data from spacecraft attitude sensing system.
- Revenge of Tetris: game.
- Stock project: financial analysis.
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Colorado
- Agentsheets: Agentsheets is an authoring environment that features a versatile construction paradigm to build dynamic, visual environments for a wide range of problem domains such as art, artificial life, distributed artificial intelligence, education, environmental design, object-oriented programming, simulation and visual programming.
- A graphic evaluator of Design Criteria: Agents represented as
meters and guages score how well plans of urban areas meet design
criteria. Electronic Cocktail Napkin: sketch based index to visual
databases, and sketch environment for designers.
- University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- University of Hamburg, Germany
- University of Kiel, Germany
Lisp to C translation.
- University of Massachusetts, The Experimental Knowledge Systems Laboratory
- CLASP (Common Lisp
Analytical Statistics Package): tool for visualizing and statistically analyzing data.
- University of Maryland
Autonomous Mobile Robotics Lab
- University of Miami
Declarative Logic Programming offers the possibility of simply telling
the computer what to do, instead of how to do it.
- University of Michigan
- MovePlan: project management package to help create facility layouts or layouts of construction sites where facility presence varies based on a CPM schedule.
AUTOSIM: commercial code-generator for simulation of mechanical systems.
- University of Minnesota
- University of Nijmegen, Netherlands
- University of Nottingham, England
- University of Pennsylvania
- TraumAID: decision-support tool to assist physicians with the diagnosis and treatment of victims of penetrating trauma.
- University of Puget Sound
- University of Rochester
- TCP text-to-speech server.
- University of Souther California
- LOOM: A Knowledge Representation System
- University of Texas at MB, Dept. of Anesthesiology
- AXON: knowledge-based radiologic image retrieval using "axes" of clinical relevance.
- University of Toronto, Dynamic Graphics Project, Canada
- Print utility: general purpose document printing utility.
- Picture-array: views displaying arrays of pictures.
- Shape grammar system: system for perfoming shape computations.
- University of Trier, Germany
- Episodic Learner Model:
The Adaptive Remote Tour (ELM-ART) -- An introductory Lisp Course based on
the text materials and some intelligent features (e.g. diagnosis of
problem solutions) using a learning environment called ELM-PE.
- University of Tsukuba, Japan
- University of Wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- Quail: An object-oriented quantitative statistical programming environment.
- Untangle: An interface to WWW
navigational knowledge based on description logics
- Yale Medical School
- Xerox PARC
- XPOST: processes a sentence to return a sentence with each word tagged with the most likely part-of-speech tag.