Christopher I. Connolly, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
AIC Perception Program
Email: connolly at ai . sri . com
Strange attractor for a 512-unit reservoir.
Attractor for an analog reservoir circuit.
- Reservoir Computing / Programmable Dynamical Systems / Physical Intelligence
- Tracking, activity recognition, massive datasets, human motion / behavior analysis.
- Applications of information theory to neuroscience, striatal function, conservative models of motor planning, PD
- Homebrew Sake
Live map view of tracks and events in the AIC office area.
SRI systems that I use most actively:
- Sentient Environments:Video tracking and event analysis.
- FREEDIUS (Maintainer, with Lynn Quam)
- MTD: the VIVID moving target detection system (Contributor)
- PCE: the Probabilistic Constraint Engine
- LAW: the Link Analysis Workbench
- SHAKEN: Knowledge Entry System for Subject Matter Experts
- Numerical analysis, simulation of physical systems, Python, numpy, scipy
- Using Lisp for SQL databases (for Sentient Environments, LAW).
- Programming: Python, Lisp, C/C++, sometimes Java
- SIMD programming: MMX, Altivec, CUDA
- Video event ontologies (for knowledge-based event analysis)
- OpenGIS tools (for ingesting GeoTIFFs, Shapefiles, etc.)
Academia and Experience
Lists and Resources
The AIC Home Page