Details for Users of SRI Communicator
Our system is attempting to be a conversational system which can
understand full sentences.
You can start out with air, car, or hotel information. If you start
out planning a flight, the system will ask you if you need a car
and/or hotel in your destination city at the appropriate times and
This is a sample dialogue with our system.
Many other wordings are possible.
Since this is a research system, we will be improving various aspects
of the system over time.
We do not support choosing room characteristics like double bed,
king-sized bed, etc.
- Say "ANSWER" rather than "yes, ANSWER". (Right now our system is not
interpreting sentences such as "yes, United Airlines" correctly. You need
to say "United Airlines" instead. We hope to fix this soon.)
- Say "around noon" rather than "noon". Other times (e.g. 10 a m) should work fine,
we are just working on a problem with "noon" and "midnight" right now.
- Say "Near the airport" rather than "airport".
- Say "In downtown" rather than "downtown" or "near downtown".
- Say "I want to stay at the Hilton in Seattle."