Next: Communication Language
Up: AGENT ARCHITECTURE
Previous: Distributed Blackboard Architecture
A variety of agents have been integrated into the Open Agent Architecture:
- a User-interface agent that accepts spoken or typed (and
soon, handwritten) natural language queries from the user and presents
responses to the queries.
- a Database agent, written in C, that interacts
with a remote X.500 Directory System Agent
database containing directory information.
- a Calendar agent, which can report upon where a person might
be, or when they might be performing a particular action. This information
is retrieved from data created by Sun Microsystem's CalenTool application.
- a Mail agent that can monitor incoming electronic messages,
and forward or file them appropriately. The mail agent works with any
Unix-compatible mail application (e.g. Sun's MailTool).
- a News agent that scans Internet newsgroups searching for
specified topics or articles.
- a Telephone agent, that can dial a telephone using
a ComputerPhone controller, and can communicate with users in English,
using NewTTS, AT&T's text-to-speech system.
Mon Aug 12 15:12:15 PDT 1996